Friday 13 February 2009

Moving on up!

It's nearly been 10 years since I bought my own place, and until now have never got involved with an allotment. I'm finding it such a brilliant experience that I thought I would briefly tell you how I got started! Don't forget that having your own allotment doesn't just provide you with fresh veg, it saves you a huge amount of money!

First thing to do is find an allotment that is near to you. I used the internet to find this out, but I'm sure you could ask about locally to find this out.

I found growfruitandveg.co.uk useful for advice on all types of related topics! I have used it for loads of helpful tips on everything from soil preparation, to choosing the right time to take carrots out of the ground.

The proudest addition to my allotment is my new garden shed! An absolute beauty- couldn't of asked for any more from TigerSheds.com


Don't forget that if you have any questions about how best to use your land that you can always ask someone else that owns a plot there. I am continually impressed with just how helpful people are when I goto work on my allotment.

I hope this has been of help!

(Disclaimer: Use my advice at your own risk.)

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I also found a beautiful shed on www.tigersheds.com. Check it out!

    ReplyDelete